What is MomCare?
MomCare provides outreach services and prenatal care counseling by telephone to women who qualify for SOBRA, also known as Pregnancy Medicaid.
How will MomCare help me?
- Explain your pregnancy Medicaid options
- Help you find a doctor or midwife for prenatal care
- Provide WIC nutrition program information and referral
- Refer you to Healthy Start services such as childbirth education, parenting, and breastfeeding education and support
- Connect you with other community resources that may be helpful
What if I am not on Medicaid?
MomCare is available to women on Medicaid. If you have not already applied for Medicaid, you can do so by calling the Department of Children and Families at 1-866-762-2237 or visiting their website at www.myflorida.com/accessflorida. The ACCESS website enables you to print a temporary Medicaid card, update information, and apply for food stamps and temporary cash assistance.